The admission procedure is designed to enroll students demonstrating promise. SDIS accepts both Girls and Boys for admission as Day Scholars and Resident boarders. A registration booklet is included with the Academic Catalogue/Prospectus to this effect. Parents/Guardians should collect Academic Catalogue/Prospectus and Registration Booklet for admission from the School office by paying the prescribed fee. The Registration booklet should be duly filled in and submitted to the School office, with required documents b the stipulated date.
The registered candidates will be issued a Registration Number and called for an Admission Test and Interview/Interaction on a date given on the acknowledgement slip by the School office.
The list of selected candidates will be put up on the School Notice Board/Website and fee will be collected thereafter.
Registration does not imply admission, but is subject to performance in written test/interaction/interview.
Age for admission in Pre-Nursery is 2+ years, Nursery is 3+ years, KG is 4+ years, Class I is 5+ years and so on for other classes as on 1st April of the year of the admission.
- There is no Admission test for Pre-Nursery, Nursery and KG class. Admission in these classes will be made on the basis of Interaction/Interview with the Parents/Guardians in presence of the child.
- Admission in Class-I will be made on the basis of merit determined by interview of the student.
- Admission in Class II to Class VII will be made on the basis of merit determined by the written test (pen/pencil paper) which will be 2 hours duration. Subjects for the Admission test will be English, Math and Bengali / Hindi. (40 minutes each. Syllabus as per CBSE curriculum.
- Parents/Guardians must see list of selected candidates for admission on School Notice Board/Website, on notified date and time.
- After payment of the admission fee any admission, test students will be issued School Diary / Almanac, Identity Card.
- Students seeking admission from Class-I onwards will be required to submit Transfer Certificate from the previous School attended by them besides Birth Certificate.